Friday, September 23, 2011

The Birth of a New Narrative Space

Hello! My name is Kerri Libra and I am a graduate student in an Early American Women Cultural Studies course at University of Central Florida.  Through this blog, I hope to establish a Feminist space for my research on Abigail Adams and her letters.  This will be a constant work-in-progress and I am thrilled to keep you updated on my primary and secondary research findings for Abigail Adams, a Revolutionary America, and the cultural ideals and dilemmas circa the end of the 18th century.  I view this through a Cultural Studies lens and I am thrilled to embrace this learning journey.

2 comments:

  1. Kerri,

    I am so excited that you picked Abigail Adams for your project, especially after I read about her in Cathy Davidson's _Revolution and the Word_. Adams seems pretty amazing, and I love that she advocated on behalf of women during and after the Revolutionary War. I can't wait to see what you find during your research. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay Jay,

    I am thrilled to do Adams, as well. I think I am going to expand my research to include Mercy Otis Warren, one of Abigail Adams's best friend and colleague. Unfortunately, their friendship was torn apart due to the political dicotomy of the federalists vs. the republicans. Thank you for your interest and support!

    ReplyDelete